Hi Randy, folks, i made some test, well, initially for myself, but maybe it can useful as some info (well, for example, for comparison with future possible performance improvements).
Immediately I must warn about my config, since slightly outdated CPU (Intel Core2Quad), but here the main thing is the approx difference ratio, right.
Other info: Win7 64bit, Studio one v3 64bit, ASIO setting 44100Hz \ buffer 512 samples.
Cpu usage value was taken from Studio one CPU meter (thus, presented values this is usage for one core, while remaining cores are idle).
About value range: minimum value was taken during closed plugin GUI and no active daw transport. Maximum value - opened GUI and running transport play (witth empty daw sequencer).
"Default state" - plugin factory setting immediately after loaded.
- default state (with max 4 voices): v181 - 25-30% ; v182 - 20-24%
- default state with 1 voice: v181 - 8-10% ; v182 - 6-8%
- default state (4 voices, resonator and body - disable): v131 - 25-32% ; v132 - 18-24%
- default state with 1 voice and enabled resonator and body: v131 - 16-19% ; v132 - 15-18%
- default state with max 8 voices: v131 - 65-80% ; v132 - 44-55%
- (extreme setting) default state with max 8 voices and resonator and body enabled: v131 - 85-100% ; v132 - 60-73%
- default state (1 voice): v131 - 16-19% ; v132 - 16-17%
- default state with max 4 voice: v131 - 38-45% ; v132 - 38-43%
So, Aalto and Kaivo results good, the difference is pretty noticeable, but strangely about Virta, for some reason no difference almost (maybe virta was not improved as aalto\kaivo? Or some fault on my side).