I finally made the jump from WinXP to Win7 (x32). I was very curious to see how Aalto 1.4 behaves on this new (for me) OS.
Installed and uninstalled it 3 times (with Administrator rights) but it doesn't show in Live 9.1 or Studio One 2.6.1. The .dll is installed and placed alongside my other VSTs. I enabled rescanning of plugins in DAWs. No luck.
What else shall I do? Maybe it needs some additional software to be installed?
There is a problem with the 1.4 Windows release that is affecting some users. On some systems a required Windows support DLL cannot be found. Usually the user sees an error such as "msvcp100.dll was not found." Depending on the host, you may not get a message.
If that is the problem, you may be able to fix it by downloading this Windows developer support pack:
That solved it for me. Thanx, Randy!
For posterity: got me too on a new setup (XP still) - the link is to the file vcredist_x86.exe aka Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable 10.0.30319. And to get that installed on XP SP2 you will need Windows Installer 3.1 as well WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe
I must be living in the dark ages