I seem to have an issue with Kaivo AU. It just stops working all of a sudden, I can't find a pattern. It mostly happens when I change of preset, but not exclusively, because it happens also when I just let a sequencer play in an arrangement of a song.
It simply stops producing sounds. I can change the preset, or make changes in the patch; it's not frozen, it just doesn't produce sounds. It's not about the patch I can be using or anything.
I uninstalled it about two hours ago because it happened twice and tried to see if I could fix it myself, but the issue is still happening.
I'm on a Mac with Sierra using latest update of Kaivo on Ableton Live's latest version. Is there anything I can do to help you find the problem?
disregard, it does happen with only one voice active as well. After another restart of my system I thought it went away, but it came back again after around 30 min of tweaking a patch.
did you make any progress?
As soon as I have a fix to try I'll post a beta here!
As it's a bug that makes the instrument more or less unusable, I hope you don't mind that we ask if there will be a fix, soon, once a week...
I'm working on it.
I think I have fixed this. A beta for Mac OS is available at http://madronalabs.com/media/kaivo/Kaivo1.8.4b2.pkg .
Great. When you're ready with a Windows build, I'll be happy to test it.
I will download and test this tonight
Randy, thus far I have not been able to duplicate the glitch in the new beta. My ableton did lock up and crash 2x initially, but on the third go around there were no issues and I let a patch triggered by the sequencer drone for a while. I'll update you if I notice anything else significant, but I think fix may have worked.
Good news! I'll get the full release out including a Windows version ASAP.