- new registration system
- new software PLL host sync
- UTF-8 compatibility for patch and registration names
- fixed an issue where the protocol type (MIDI, MPE, OSC) was not loading if the plugin editor did not exist
- fixed an issue where folder or patch names starting in numbers might not appear
- code signed Mac OS installer for Gatekeeper compatibility
- code signed Windows installer for security and good feels
- fixed a drawing problem with multiple plugin windows
- fixed a problem where the sequencer would restart when its parameters were changed
- fixed a problem where sequencer voices would stop after a program change
Kaivo has some additional fixes to correct problems that version 1.0.2 introduced in certain DAWs.
I've updated the website to replace the previous "My downloads" area with the new "My licenses" link. To replace your old watermarked plugins, simply run the new installers, then log into the website and visit your "My licenses" area. You should find links to your snazzy, new, very pointy license codes there. Just copy them to the system clipboard on either Mac OS or Windows, and click in the upper right of the plugin where it says to. Then you're all set!
Code signing for both Mac OS and Windows, also made possible by getting rid of the watermarking, is something else that should improve life for everyone. No more option-clicking to install, or me explaining to you that you have to do that. And with the plugins protected by a secure chain of certificates, you can be sure that they are genuine. There was a time when I didn't see the need for code signing. But after seeing some of the ransomware floating around these days, I'm convinced it's important.
A long time in coming, the new license system is more like the other plugin registration systems out there, and will hopefully reduce some of the confusion that came up about how to make things go. On my end, it's going to reduce server loads significantly and let me deploy new software versions much more quickly. What previously took several hours (I'm not proud to say) is now accomplished by typing "buildAll" and then, if everything sounds good, "deployAll." This will let me spend more time on making things sound good, and get any needed fixes to you faster and more frequently.
It's going to be a good year.
Thanks so much for all your hard work Randy, you're software is truly one of a kind. Much appreciated.
In my opinion, Randy Jones is one of the best developer of synthesizers ever. Aalto is a real instrument with lots of life, very deep.
Thank you so much!
Thanks for the updates Randy <3
If I only could have one synth it would be Aalto.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Oh damn, unexpectedly, i even missed about betas (though it was 9dec), thanks Randy ! Good.
Thanks for putting my patches in Randy, Aalto is my favourite vst of the last few years with no exception.
For everyone else - Check out the new Frustphase Presets :)