ForumsSoftware ← Bitwig + Aalto


I'm on Bitwig 1.3.13 and Aalto 1.7.

I'm using Windows 10 version 1607.

This has been tested with both the 32 and 64 bit - as well as with Bitwig running the plugin independently and not.

I'm having a strange problem with Aalto and Bitwig. Aalto seems to be intermittently receiving and losing MIDI from Bitwig. Notes will get stuck on or skipped entirely. Sometimes notes will play in Aalto on a note finish/off event in Bitwig.

It's altogether a confusing situation and kind of renders the whole thing unuseable :(

I just bought Aalto during the summer sale, but I had used it before (demo) many versions ago and this never happened.

Also - out of curiosity I just tested it with Kaivo (1.2.1) and the same thing is happening and it never used to.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea if it is a regression or if it is my system at fault?

Thanks - let me know if I can provide more info.

There's an timing issue with the current version and some DAWs that send varying buffer sizes to the plugin. This is a problem I am working to fix for the next update, which should be very soon. Thanks for your patience.

Meanwhile, if you can find a way to set "fixed buffer size" or similar in your DAW, that should provide a workaround.

not sure if this is what you're talking about here, but Aalto and Kaivo have long had a problem with retriggering the Envs (gate > trig input on the env1 of Kaivo) when the daw's midi notes are 'cheek to cheek' on a 16th grid. When the synths have only one voice, they will only play the first note of a 'machine gunning' row of 16th notes, and you have to shorten the the midi notes so that the synths can have time to react.

I'm pretty sure @monowolfe is reporting a different problem with timing that I introduced fairly recently. I'm in the guts of the timing code right now, so I'll see if I can address the other thing as well.

Thanks for jumping on it Randy.

Garf: I know what problem you're talking about and I have experienced that as well - but that seems like a more common problem. Even on U-he and Bitwig plugins that still happens to me and I end up shortening every midi note by a fraction.

The problem I'm describing is indeed different as Randy pointed out - but I'm glad it sounds like both might be addressed :)

Thanks for the snappy replies.

ah ok, thanks randy! would love to see a fix for that one :)